Keppy's Synthesizer (Previous name: Keppy's Driver) is a MIDI synthesizer driver, made by the BMT member KaleidonKep99.
Currently the de facto synth of the Black MIDI Team (With exceptions), it has very low latency, while high audio quality.
It runs on the same core .DLLs as it's sister-like synths, CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth/CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2 and BASSMIDI Driverᴬ.
Download page: Click here
Softpedia page: Click here
- It's an hybrid between the audio quality from BASSMIDI Driver (no stuttering) and the fluidity from CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2 .
- There's no click noise when a note is killed.
- Only one MIDI port, while the user is able to switch between soundfont lists. (Up to 16 lists - 8 are disabled by default)
- Debug mode available, like CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2.
- Currently the only one synth that works perfectly with Windows 8.x and newer.
- No performance impact whatsoever. (When using WASAPI and ASIO , or DirectSound with the old buffer mode disabled.)
- Way lesser minimum requirements than BASSMIDI Driver and CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth.
- A lot of customization options, if compared to its sister-like synths.
- MT-32 mode that allows old DOS games or MT-32 specific MIDI to play properly.
- Temporary voices limit burst if there's enough rendering headroom
- Not compatible with Windows XP, unlike BASSMIDI Driver and CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 1.x/VirtualMIDISynth 2.x.
Data are missing in between March 1st, 2015 and January 23rd, 2016, since KaleidonKep99 removed the source code from GitHub.
- People can change between soundfont lists by pressing CTRL and a number from 1 to 8 (CTRL + 1 = List 1 etc.)
- Able to achieve near 1ms latency by using the ASIO or WASAPI (with exclusive mode enabled) engines.
- ᴬ It's actually a fork of the original BASSMIDI Driver by Kode54.