Keppy's Synthesizer (Previous name: Keppy's Driver) is a MIDI synthesizer driver, made by the BMT member KaleidonKep99.
Currently the de facto synth of the Black MIDI Team (With exceptions), it has very low latency, while high audio quality.
It runs on the same core .DLLs as it's sister-like synths, CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth/CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2 and BASSMIDI Driverᴬ.
Download page: Click here
Softpedia page: Click here
- It's an hybrid between the audio quality from BASSMIDI Driver (no stuttering) and the fluidity from CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth.
- There's no click noise when a note is killed.
- Choice of soundfont.
- Only one MIDI port, while the user is able to switch between soundfont lists. (Up to 16 lists - 8 are disabled by default)
- Debug mode available, like CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth 2.
- Currently the only one synth that works perfectly with Windows 8.x and newer. (It's recommended to use the Windows 7 MIDI-Mapper patch for Windows 8.x)
- No performance impact whatsoever. (When using the new buffer system)
- Way lesser minimum requirements than BASSMIDI Driver and CoolSoft VirtualMIDISynth.
- A lot of customization options, if compared to its sister-like synths.
- Allow changing of buffer system and enable/disable slowdown (new buffer system only) in real-time
Does NOT install correctly on Asian versions of Windows.~ Fixed as of version 188.8.131.52 Does NOT register the driver correctly on clean installs of Windows.~ Regression from version 184.108.40.206, fixed as of version 220.127.116.11
- Does not work well with CPUs made before 2005.
Data are missing in between March 1st, 2015 and January 23rd, 2016, since KaleidonKep99 removed the source code from GitHub.
- People can change between soundfont lists by pressing CTRL and a number from 1 to 8 (CTRL + 1 = List 1 etc.)
or using the watchdog.~ Deprecated as of version 18.104.22.168
- Able to achieve very low latency by using the XAudio2 system.
Really buggy with Windows 10. (Build 10586 and newer)~ Fixed as of version 22.214.171.124 It can freeze single-core CPUs with a frequency lower than 1.2GHz.~ Fixed as of version 126.96.36.199
- ᴬ It's actually a fork of the original BASSMIDI Driver by Kode54.